I am reposting the holk house maps based on my new process for generating map exports. I based the maps on the maps from Dungeon Magazine #71 pg 55. If you want to understand everything that is happening on the map, I recommend reading the magazine. There are over 24 rooms detailed there.
Floor 1 is the central area of the temple. Water has flooded all but two rooms on the floor. Magic protects those two rooms from flooding. There are various encounters in different rooms that the players can enter, and the players all should have rings of water breathing.
For the first floor, I made four versions of the map to remove the water. I wasn’t sure if a DM would want to use the maps with or without the water. The numbers in the DM’s map correspond to the descriptions in the dungeon magazine.
Each map is 30 X 20 squares and without lighting, because most VTTs support adding lighting to a map. I create several versions of each map based on if it is a city or terrain map. I create a summer and winter version of city maps and grass, sand, snow, and forest versions for terrain maps where it makes sense.
I have created several map variant combinations from these original maps and grouped them into 7zip files for download. I group the download links by file extension first; currently, I export maps into the WEBP and PDF file formats. I then group the WEBP downloads by the audience (dungeon master or players), grid type (with and without), and color contrast/brightness (original and high contrast). I group the PDF downloads using the WEBP groups and these other PDF groups and page size (Letter for US and A4 for EU) and border (small 0.25-inch border or no border).
I created the maps using Forgotten Adventures asset packs. I am a patron of Forgotten Adventures, and fifty percent of your Patreon donations support Forgotten Adventures’ continued asset development. You will need 7zip to extract the images of PDFs.
Below are the various image and PDF download groups. A file in the WEBPs section named players no contrast no grid contains all of the city or terrain images for players with the original color contrast and no grid. A file in the PDFs section named dm high-contrast full-grid letter small-border contains all city or terrain images for a dungeon master in high contrast with grid squares every inch in the letter page size with a 0.25-inch border.
- dm high contrast full grid A4 no border
- dm high contrast full grid Letter no border
- dm high contrast no grid A4 no border
- dm high contrast no grid Letter no border
- dm no contrast full grid A4 no border
- dm no contrast full grid Letter no border
- dm no contrast no grid A4 no border
- dm no contrast no grid Letter no border
- players high contrast full grid A4 no border
- players high contrast full grid Letter no border
- players high contrast no grid A4 no border
- players high contrast no grid Letter no border
- players no contrast full grid A4 no border
- players no contrast full grid Letter no border
- players no contrast no grid A4 no border
- players no contrast no grid Letter no border