I tried my hand at coleslaw recipe today. I started out by reading this basic recipe and then I read Todd Wilbur’s KFC Recipe. I love KFC coleslaw, but my stomach can’t handle milk. So I combined the two into my own recipe.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 a head of green cabbage
- 1/2 a head of red cabbage
- 3 carrots shredded
- Green area of a bundle of green onions (about 1/2 cup)
- Combine ingredients 1-8 in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until it is a liquid
- Chop the cabbage into 1/8 inch strips and then cut to desired length, I do quarters.
- Peel carrots and shred in a grater on the large side
- Chop green onion top in 1/8 inch pieces
- Combine the chopped ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir from the bottom, while turning the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.