Table of Contents
- Map Overview of the Uthtower Floor 1
- File Downloads
Map Overview of the Uthtower Floor 1
This map is of the first floor of Uthtower after it has risen during the Eye of Myrkul in the Dungeon Magazine #73 adventure Eye of Myrkul. The tower is just an island in the lake of the swamp from the previous post Uthtower Sunken.
Map Location Numbering
As part of the [TITLE] map download files, there is a Dungeon Master’s (DM) map with numbers on it that correspond to the building and room descriptions below:
- Uthtower: The description of the floor in the tower is on pages 39-40 in the Dungeon Magazine
- Gatehouse: this separates the path from the tower and has an encounter with champion skeletons.
- Greathall: This is the largest room on the first floor and provides access to the stairs to the next floor and down to the Mausoleum.
- Barracks: This room is where the soldiers stayed, but it under a couple feet of water and all the beds are destroyed
- Armory: This is the room where the weapons were stored when the tower was in use. There is water and most of the weapons are rusted and useless.
Each map is 40 X 40 squares and without lighting because most VTTs support adding lighting to a map. I create several versions of each map based on if it is a city or terrain map. I create a summer and winter version of city maps and grass, sand, snow, and forest versions for terrain maps where it makes sense.
I have created several map variants combinations from these original maps and grouped them into 7zip files for download. I group the download links by file extension first; currently, I export maps into the WEBP and PDF file formats. I then group the WEBP downloads by the audience (dungeon master or players), grid type (with and without), and color contrast/brightness (original and high contrast). I group the PDF downloads using the WEBP groups and these other PDF groups and page size (Letter for US and A4 for EU) and border (small 0.25-inch border or no border).
You will need 7zip to extract the images of PDFs.
Below are the various image and PDF download groups. A file in the WEBPs section named players no contrast no grid contains all of the city or terrain images for players with the original color contrast and no grid. A file in the PDFs section named dm high-contrast full-grid letter small-border contains all city or terrain images for a dungeon master in high contrast with grid squares every inch in the letter page size with a 0.25-inch border.
- Players no contrast no grid
- Players no contrast full grid
- Players high contrast no grid
- Players high contrast full grid
- Dm no contrast no grid.7z
- Dm no contrast full grid.7z
- Dm high contrast no grid.7z
- Dm high contrast full grid.7z
- Players no contrast no grid letter no border
- Players no contrast no grid a4 no border
- Players no contrast full grid letter no border
- Players no contrast full grid a4 no border
- Players high contrast no grid letter no border
- Players high contrast no grid a4 no border
- Players high contrast full grid letter no border
- Players high contrast full grid a4 no border
- Dm no contrast no grid letter no border
- Dm no contrast no grid a4 no border
- Dm no contrast full grid letter no border
- Dm no contrast full grid a4 no border
- Dm high contrast no grid letter no border
- Dm high contrast no grid a4 no border
- Dm high contrast full grid letter no border
- Dm high contrast full grid a4 no border
I created the maps in this post using Forgotten Adventures asset packs. I am a patron of Forgotten Adventures, and a percentage of donations support Forgotten Adventures’ continued asset development.
Wizards of the Coast
The maps in this post are set in Forgotten Realms and are unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. The content is not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Portions of the materials used are the property of Wizards of the Coast. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC.